Planet’s automated, cloud-based imagery and analytics platform downloads, processes, and manages 7+ terabytes of data every day. Built for speed and flexibility, the platform enables customers to efficiently access, discover, and build solutions at scale.
Automated imagery processing
Leverage Planet’s high-frequency imagery at the speed of change and in the formats you prefer. Planet’s automated pipeline delivers analysis-ready data, without costly post-processing or manual intervention needed on your side.
- Orthorectification removes collection geometry, pointing error, and terrain variability distortions
- Radiometric corrections correct for sensor artifacts and transformation to at-sensor radiance
- Top- and bottom-of-atmosphere corrections reduce spectral inconsistency across time and location
API-first search and download
- Programmatically search, download, and transform data from with Planet’s API, built on REST, JSON, and HTTP standards.
- Ingest the imagery and associated GeoJSON metadata you need
- Build atop Planet’s API and easily integrate imagery into your tools and applications
- Get notifications when new imagery appears in the catalog
- Deliver imagery directly to your cloud
Direct integration with leading geospatial platforms
- Planet directly integrates with a range of geospatial software, so you can combine Planet
imagery with the client’s authoritative content and analysis environments.